Kornati Diving Route
Kornati route is dedicated to those looking for unforgettable diving experiences. The trip covers the area of island Žirije and Kornati National Park. The park is a strictly protected area, which affected fauna and flora on its islands.
The plenty of fish and other marine life is much higher than anywhere else in Croatia and this makes the underwater landscape stunning. It is planned to spend 3 full days diving in the Kornati Park!
During this cruise the time is entirely devoted to diving places with walls and shipwracks. Additionally, the plan includes one stop for night diving, usually on the Žirije island. Other places on this route are Vodice, Tribunj, Zlarin, Kaprije, Sali and Levranaka island in NP Kornati.
The quote from George Bernard Shaw’s takes it very appropriate: "On the last day of creation the Lord would crown his work - he created the Kornati islands of stars, tears and divine breath."
- Some of the best diving spots here are:
- Bačvice (rock with wrack (45 m) and beautiful wall (up to 60 m) B
- Bakul (underwater canyon up to 45 m)
- Škrovada (wall up to 70 m)
- Francesca da Rimini (wrack, up to 45 m) - diving with diving center
- Najada Samograd (NP Kornati, wall up to 60 m)
- Pantiula (NP Kornati, wall up to 75 m)
- Balun (NP Kornati, wall with corals, up to 85 m)
- Plič Grmeni (Žirije) – rack in combination with deep wall (up to 55 m)
- Blitvenica – deep wall up to 90 m